Tuesday, April 20, 2004

I have spent hours here at the computer lab working on school . . .

First, I was printing off stuff for my classes, taking notes, doing general research, blah, blah, blah. All because I felt guilty for missing all of my classes yesterday when I was sick (more on that latter). Then I started looking for a job online. It is sheer craziness. I have bookmarked about a hundred sites with online applications and I need to figure out all of this pointless/trivial educational jargon . . . *sigh*

Question: is it a good sign that you are ready for your career of choice if you cannot even fill out the applications without help? I think not! Either this school sucks or I have not been paying attention to my education for the last five years. And if I have not been paying attention to my education what exactly have I been so focused on? Certainly not my relationships (family, friends, boyfriends, ask them, they all feel ostracized). Certainly not my faith- I believe in less now than I ever have. Certainly not my job- I have been fired or walked off of every job I have held in the past few years, I have shown up but not really been committed to anything.

Where have I been? What a waste of life. I need to pull it all together. I am fully ashamed of my current position in life. I could have done so much better. Look around. Every one else did.