Monday, May 15, 2006

Full Life

I am so thankful for this full life that God has blessed me with...Although it sometimes feels a bit overwhelming and I need an occasional nudge (i.e. sickness) to remind me to rest and slow down.

This weekend Whit graduated from ISU with a degree in Elementary Education and she starts her first teaching job in the fall with 8th grade science. Wow! She graduated Suma Cum Laude. Double wow! Her graduation was very prim and proper and lasted for 90 mins in the wonderful city of Bloomington.

On the same day Tina graduated from NIU with a degree in Clinical Laboratory Science. Wow! She still has some classes to finish up but she wanted to walk with her friends (good choice by the way). She is looking for employment and trusting God whole heartedly. Double wow! I can't wait to see how He leads her and teaches her!

Then of course it was Mother's Day. We celebrated by attending church with mom and dad, followed with a meal at Grandma's. Always a good combination. Mom is the best.

Tina and I then scurried back to DeKalb for Lauren and Tom's graduation party at OUR house (emphasis added for Tina's sake). Where we got to chat with family and friends and learn a lot about farming pigs. ;) Thank you Rodefers (sp?)!

Once the party dwindled down Lauren and Kyle faced off with Tina and I in a game of Cranium and friend's Scene It! Needless to say they kicked our butts but we did try.

Somewhere in all of that I became quite sick. So I have Nyquil or Dayquil pumping through my system 24/7 now...but it has reminded me to slow down. I love my family! I am so proud of my sisters. My mom is the greatest. My roommates are awesome. It has been a full weekend...just a brief glimpse at a full life for which I am ever so grateful!