Sunday, April 24, 2005

Crazy/Stupid/Blissfully Restful

I went to bed last night, but I was coughing and I was all stuffy and sick...blah...so I just tried to think restful thoughts and go to sleep but it just wasn't working. So after a couple of hours of hacking and sneezing and tossing and turning I decide that the only option is to get some cold medicine into my body. Great idea! But all we have is nyquil..."oh, well." I think to myself, "sure it will knock me out but I have a couple of hours to sleep before I need to go and be a 'welcome person' at church." So I take the meds and instantly feel much better...and very sleepy (that stuff puts me to sleep instantly) I have a very low tolerance for drugs of any kind. :)

As I am crawling back into bed I notice that it is 6:45 and I think, "That can't be right! I went to bed at like 1:30 or 2 at the latest." I check several different clocks to confirm. 5 min latter my alarm is going off and I am sound asleep. I turn it off and slept until 12:30.

I totally skipped church....I don't think that I have ever done that before. But I woke up feeling a million times better and blissfully rested up. So I guess that it was the perfect way to spend my Sunday, although I am not planning on making a habit out of it. ;)