Saturday, April 16, 2005

Worth the Skirt

I went shopping today and found a skirt that was just amazingly perfect. I really wanted it. It was the perfect color, the perfect fit, the perfect feel, the perfect twirl. It was made for a princess. But I would need access to a royal treasury to afford it.



At that moment I remembered a previous dressing room experience where I overheard the following conversation thanks to "walkie-talkie" features on cell phones....
The woman in the room next to me makes a call to her husband/boyfriend/whatever.

man on phone: hey, honey! Where are you?
woman: hi, I'm at the mall. Listen, I just wanted to know if I could buy this outfit, its gorgeous and I could wear it to your cousin's wedding.
man: How much is it?
woman: $70
man: Is it worth that much?
woman: probably not
man: do you like it?
woman: oh, I love it, it's perfect.
man: well if you want it, get it. You're worth it.
woman: *laughs* thanks, I love you!
man: I love you too.

I left it in the store wondering...

Was the skirt worth the $70? Was I worth the skirt?