Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Rapid Fire Interview

It was short. But good, I think. They were still in the process of weeding out candidates. I was one of 16. But I feel really good about it. Back to the waiting.

I have really started to enjoy this though, as crazy as that sounds. It's adventurous. I mean in 7 weeks my lease runs out and I have no idea where I am going to live. In 5 weeks I have no job. But it's spring...how can you not love it? Twelve weeks of bliss follow this waiting. I don't have the answers and for the first time in forever I am ok with that.

Working on my portfolio and preparing for interviews has reminded me of why I went into teaching. It has reminded me of what I truly love about my work. It has challenged me to chase some big dreams and it has given me a new resolve. I am excited, not just about what is to come but about the fact that I have five more weeks with these students, parents, and administrators. Five weeks to show them who I am, what I can do, and the heart behind it all.