Thursday, August 05, 2004

Lauren

Lauren is back in town with her husband Tom. I am hoping that we will be able to build on our former roommate relationship. But I had feared that my job was going to conflict or inhibit that from happening. I need to realize that while I intend to be busy (for I intend to be good!) that does not mean that I need to be consumed. However, even now I am beginning to wonder just how much I have already committed myself to, helping with the youth group at church, possibly co-leading a small group (still some big "ifs" there), at the least attending a small group, working on the Capital Campaign as a table host, my weeks are starting to fill up fast.

Anyway, I got to ride with Lauren to and from Kate's party (more on that later). And I had a really great time with her. She said that she really wanted to come and see my classroom soon, to get the "before" effect. Then (miracle of all miracles!) she volunteered to help me with preparation stuff. I was so excited. It has seemed such an overwhelming task that I really had no place to start. But with a bit of help, I can go a long way. If nothing else she has inspired me to kick my butt into gear. Thanks, Lauren. And if she really can come and help I will be truly grateful.