Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Peter's Blog

Jordan told me to go and check out Pete's blog. Pete was a part of Mitchell, and was partially responsible for the lyrics of the band that I so briefly had the opportunity to appreciate. Anyhow, I figured that since he wrote some pretty good songs, checking out his blog now that he is living in Costa Rica would be rather cool. Plus, Jordan keeps mentioning it.

Now, I have met Pete before only briefly and I have seen him at shows, but there is really something about the way that he writes, something that makes you feel connected. Like you too are a part of his struggle, or the struggle that he observes.

I like his blogs because they are not boring recitations of the day. They are thoughtful and purposeful, maybe he intends that, maybe not. I check back to read his observations because they seem pure: not all wrapped up in solving a problem, adding assumptions, or drawing up conclusions. But he can paint for you what he sees. And you see experience it. It's worth the time. Some entries are colorful vingets, others read more like a deep allegory, all let you step into another world.
I put a link to Pete's blog under "Blog that I read"