Saturday, July 31, 2004

Neruda

Puedo escribir los versos mas tristes esta noche.

Escribir, por ejemplo: "La noche esta estrellada,y tiritan, azules, los astros, a lo lejos."

El viento de la noche gira en el cielo y canta.

Puedo escribir los versos mas tristes esta noche.Yo la quise, y a veces ella tambien me quiso.
~Pablo Neruda
This guy is amazing! Well worth the time it takes me to find translations! I don't have the words... he won the Noble Prize for Literature in '71. Check out his Nobel Lecture, wow! He had such an abundance of hope. Anyhow, I am momentarity fascinated. Untill further notice.
Tonight I can write the saddest lines.

Write, for example, "The night is starry and the stars are blue and shiver in the distance."

The night wind revolves in the sky and sings.

Tonight I can write the saddest lines.I loved her, and sometimes she loved me too.
~Pablo Neruda translated byW.S. Merwin