Saturday, July 24, 2004

What I really mean

Several times yesterday while shopping with my very dear friend Kate I made the comment, "and that is why I won't be having children."  I realized on the drive home that that statement is no where near the actual truth of what it was that I was trying to say.  But don't worry, I am sure that Kate already understands this about me.  She has a way about her.

What I really mean when I say things like that is that I cannot imagine adding to my life at this pint because I am so very content where I am.  I love this stage of my life!  Thank the Lord because I was really starting to worry that I wouldn't like being anything but a student.  As it turns out teaching is, as I had hoped, much more about learning that teaching.  Anyway, the point is that I love my life.  The right now.  And right now, I wouldn't want to change a thing.  Not by adding a boy.  Or kids.  Or the "perfect" job.  Nope.  Nada.  I like things just the way that they are.

And I dream about the future.  I know that change will come.  And I look forward to that, but not right now, now I am happy to be here.  I want to fully take in this stage of my life before I move on to the next scene.  Get it?