Sunday, March 20, 2005

Sunday Morning madness

My mind is positively running over with crazy ideas.

My alarm went off way too early this morning, and that was when I decided that I was going to spend the day here instead of heading home. Then about an hour later I woke up and a sudden wave of homesickness rushed over me. But now it is too late to go. Crazy indecisiveness.

I want to go someplace fun for my spring break. Disney World is fun. Costa Rica is fun. We shall see. Insanity.

I have been investigating job possibilities for the future. I am suddenly quite interested in several positions in Long Beach, CA...I might just fly out there to apply during this week of freedom. Spontaneous.

One of the secondary teachers quit this week...she just left and announced that she wasn't coming back. I laugh. I feel her pain...but NIU did a fantastic job of drilling professionalism into my brain. I would never walk out on a contract. Or maybe I credit the wrong source...perhaps it has been God all along. Madness.

I am ready. Ready for the move. Ready for the change. Ready for the new relationships. Ready for the new year. Teachers are so lucky, we get two new years...one in January and one in June.

Today I feel like doing something crazy. Maybe it would just be safer for me to go home now. Before the heartbreak.