Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Taken Away

I love to be around people who are getting married! I don't know what it is but I think that I am truly addicted. I love to hear their stories of how they met, the excitement of the proposal, the stress of planning a wedding and the joy of looking forward to a lifetime of "togetherness." I simply love to be around people that just overflow with joy. It brings out the best in me. And I couldn't be happier for them.

Tonight I unexpectedly dropped in on a friend only to find myself in the midst of a "Wedding Hair Try-Out" involving my very favorite hair stylist (she is simply the sweetest person in the world...I can't help but loving her to pieces!). I hope that I didn't make too much of a nuisance of myself but I really did just enjoy being around them, hearing their stories and looking at their pictures. It has made me bubble with happiness and expectancy.

I feel like I have spent the past several hours in a glorious dream world. And perhaps I have. A world of beauty and love, acceptance and joy, excitement and anticipation. It is a deep place, full of intrigue. And my visit has left me quite wistful and daydreamish. I breath each breath intentionally. I hum and sing through my day. I skip and twirl as I walk though high winds and cold rain. I hardly notice my surroundings because I am so taken away by the promise of it all.

Someday...