Thursday, December 22, 2005

Trip to Kansas City

I traveled with my mom and sisters down to visit our cousin Katie and her brand new baby girl in Kansas City on Sunday. We had a great trip down there...except that my sisters thought that I was quite possibly the slowest driver in the world....I just didn't want to push my car.

Lily Grace really is the most precious baby of all time. She needed to be able to see her mom or the ceiling fan in order to be content in someone else's arms, unless that someone was me...for me she had to be sleeping otherwise she would cry all the while I held her. But I still resolutely hold to my first claim that she is the most precious little one and I love her.

We didn't plan on staying too long since Katie and her husband Josh were sick so we left early....on Monday afternoon. Tina and Whit said that I should try to go a bit faster on the way home. That was when we hit traffic and were stuck for a little over an hour in a detour off of 71 which had to be entirely closed down. They teased that they thought that this was all a part of my plan to make this the longest drive....little did they know....