Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Twins


There is a great family story about my birth...actually now that I think about it there are several! But for now I just want to tell you about my twin. My parents had no health insurance when I was born...they never have until just most recently. So when the hospital billed them my father scrutinized each charge carefully. It is a good thing that he did because the hospital charged them for the delivery of twins!

My father went to the hospital directly to correct the error.
The hospital's response was, "Are you sure you didn't have twins?"
"If we did then you shorted us a baby!"
Needless to say they reversed the charges.

I, however, have held out hope that perhaps I have a misplaced twin out there somewhere, this probably stems from reading too many hope filled stories about reunited families.

Today my sister came to school to visit me (and get the car). One of my former students said that we looked so much alike that if she showed up one day to do my job he wouldn't know the difference! Fabulous! Looks like I have found my twin after all! ;)