Thursday, October 15, 2009

I bought a house!

I have moved seven times in the last seven years. Not counting the mini-moves into and out of friend's and family's basements, spare bedrooms, and storage spaces during any gaps between my "old lease" and "new lease." I can only hope that those nomadic days are behind me now.






This house is move-in ready! The seller bought the house to flip... so the appliances are all new, it has new carpet, fresh paint, and most importantly my father (who is in the construction bussiness) has declared it structurally sound.


I am going to try to move over the three day weekend, during a very busy time for me at work (report card grades are due and parent/teacher conferences are right around the corner!). I am seriously stressing that I will not have time to get everything moved, settled, and cleaned in the time allotment.
At first, I declared that I wasn't going to clean anything at the new house before I moved. But my friend Katy talked some sense into me and convinced me that I had to vaccuum and wash the windows of any space before it can be deemed accaptable. She was absolutely right! I felt so much better after I had that chore accomplished. :)
I was incredibly pleased to discover that my new house has amazing windows that easily fold in to be cleaned. Life is good and much brighter with sparkling windows. :)


I can already tell that this is going to be an adventure. I'll keep it posted here. :)