Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Tina

Tina and I are living together for the summer. I moved into my new apartment almost two weeks ago. Tina allowed her bedroom furniture to be moved at that time but remained at the old apartment because she didn't have time to move all of her clothes and stuff on my moving day.

I had really started to wonder if she ever intended to occupy my second bedroom when she called me and told me that she was planning on moving her clothes on Wednesday. Rachel was also coming back that day to help clean out the apartment. I agreed to meet them over there at one.

My sweet sister had been working for hours by the time that I arrived at one. She had SEVERELY underestimated that amount of stuff that she still had to move out of the old apartment. It was by no means "just clothes." She packed and sorted and loaded and cleaned.

We let Rachel off easy, telling her that she was responsible for cleaning out the shared bathroom and vacuuming her room and the living room. She did so. She left. She forgot to leave her keys. We called. She will mail them. Typically Rachel. But as Tina pointed out, there really wasn't much more that she could have done at the time because Tina still had so much that needed to be packed and moved.

That left us with the Kitchen. Tina had thankfully packed it all. So I wiped out cupboards and cleaned the oven, while Tina emptied and cleaned the refrigerator. It was a long, long process. The three closets also needed to be packed and sorted. It took us all day.

We also had to finish the vacuuming. But the vacuum cleaner had gotten clogged. It took some interesting manuevers with a fly swatter and a wire coat hanger to get that problem solved. But we did it.

We finished around 8:30pm. By finished I mean that the old apartment is clean and everything is out (except the futons *sigh*). Our new place is pretty much packed to the gills. Or at least Tina's room is. Poor girl.

Moving is always a long and drawn out process. My sister worked for over twelve hours today on a project that she flippantly referred to as "moving her clothes" just yesterday. :) I am just happy we finished when we did.