Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Little Privacy



There is a window in my bathroom. IN my shower to be more exact. Now at first, I must admit, I thought that this was the stupidest feature of my new home. I mean, obviously, a little privacy is expected when it comes to the bathroom.

Plus, the previous owner had installed inexpensive plastic mini-blinds in this window. Now, I don't know if you have ever had the pleasure of cleaning mini blinds but I consider it a major hassle. And as soon as I saw them in the shower I thought, "Mold, mildew, and shampoo/conditioner residue." This spelled disaster. So I immediately set out on the hunt for other privacy options.

I headed out the the local Lowes/Menards/Do It Best/Home Depot looking for peel and stick window covering. I had it in my head that there was a product out there similar to contact paper but with a little more of a translucent quality so that I could still enjoy the benefits of some natural light in my bathroom (a HUGE newly discovered treat!). But all I could find was some window cling that had to be applied with a special paste and cost upwards of $16 per roll. All I needed were two little rectangles to cover ONE SMALL window. I purchased some begrudgingly, and hoped that I would find my dream product else where. The search continued.

My dad finally found some at an Ace Hardware...and just as I hoped, it was easy, peel and stick! It is from the "Frosty" line of Con-Tact Brand and was only about $2 per roll. Of course, I quickly returned the expensive and complicated-pasty-window-cling!

I love finding just exactly what I want. Now I have a little privacy. Plenty of natural light. And I am thinking that putting a window in the shower wasn't such a dumb move after all.