Saturday, July 16, 2005

School

Today was an official workday at school. That means that many well meaning volunteers descended upon the school intending to "help" in the BIG move. My classroom was #3 on the list of things to do. Today they took all of the stuff that was being stored in my new classroom and gave it a new home (i.e. the hallway) so that only "my" stuff is in "my" classroom. The rest is up to me.

Today I spent three hours creating an island of all of my furniture in the middle of the room so that the walls are exposed and ready for the next step.

First I need to scrub the walls with TSP-SF, then rinse with warm water. I can then spackle the random damage from previous teachers who got a little carried away with sticky dots and gummy tack. Then I tape off the edges, ceilings and baseboards. Remove outlet covers. Kiltz the room. Paint it(color as of yet undecided). Return outlet covers to their original positions. Then all of the furniture can be moved into place. I need to scrub the ceiling vents and fluorescent light fixtures.

This all needs to be done before Friday. Friday I need to help move into the townhouse. I am really excited. It is all a lot of work but I am going to have one fantastic classroom at the end of it all. Which is good since I spend all of my time there from August (or as it seems July) to May.