Sunday, January 15, 2006

Chinchilla Move

My chinchilla has been living in the hallway when he is not at school. This was a fine arrangement as the hallway is nice and wide. But there arose a problem with this nice hallway...all of the pine shavings from his cage were being kicked out onto the carpet. I vacuumed them up. This is not such a good thing. Evidently pine shavings and vacuum cleaners are arch enemies...Why wasn't I warned about this? So after digging pine shavings out of the air hose with my fingers for about an hour I have decided that he can no longer live above carpet. I think (and hope and pray) that there is no permanent damage done to the vacuum cleaner although I would have to say that I think that the pine shavings won this particular battle.

The chinchilla now lives in my bathroom. I can't really be in my bathroom at all with his cage taking up all of the space. Maybe it is time for the chinchilla to move to the school full time. But it would be so lonely on the weekends. And he is just a baby.

But at some point I really am going to need to use my bathroom again.