Sunday, January 15, 2006

The Toothbrush Song

As I was babysitting for some of my very favorite people in the world I learned that I do not brush my teeth "right."

We were preparing for bedtime. All four of us had a toothbrush. Check. Toothpaste. Check. Running water. Check. What more could we need? Well, according to one 3-year-old we need a "toothbrush song." A song that I should sing so that they know how long they are to be brushing their teeth. I came up with what I thought were a couple of appropriate adaptations...such as the Veggie Tales "Oh, Where is my toothbrush?" and some Barney cleaning song...but it was all wrong.

"So sing it for me!" I told her.

And she sang..."All I want for Christmas is my toothbrush teeth, my toothbrush teeth, my toothbrush teeth..."

I laughed 'till I cried and this morning when we brushed our teeth again we all sang together.