Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Returning to the calm

I found a little bit of myself this weekend. I feel like I am starting to piece back together that person that I was, the one that I liked. I am finding her again piece by piece. But it is hard and I have to really look, search, dig, deeper. It hurts but it's rewarding.

This weekend I remembered that I love to read. I forgot. I still roam bookstores and libraries. I still naturally gravitate toward bookshelves, looking longingly, I long for the knowledge and the adventure, the reality and the fiction. I love the escape and the conviction. I remembered that on Saturday. As I curled up to read, I realized that this was a small part of myself, the "myself" that I have missed, found again.

And I sighed, relieved that this small part of the journey was completed. Smiled, glad that there is still the journey to come. Nodded, knowing that I would be happier if I did not again forget that I love to read.

I will remember and I will read.

Just one more step toward being myself, the myself that I like.