Saturday, October 09, 2004

This is what I mean

I read this blog and this is exactly what I hate about the idea of love that is all based on chemistry, or the excitement. This is what makes me hold out...Because at some point I will no longer be "new" or "of interest" at some point it won't be all fireworks and dazzle. At some point people with this mentality want out ...Not because they no longer love their spouse but because that love is not all tingly and exciting. The newness has worn off and that is what they long for. Something new. And it makes them wonder. It makes them wander. I hate that at some point my husband is going to feel this way about me. It makes me wonder if I should marry someone without the chemistry, as a means of protection. But that really wouldn't help either. Basically, the only way that I can see a guy not cheating on me is if there are no other options available. And since that isn't going to happen, I suppose I should really embrace life as a single woman, cause this is tolerable, not comfortable, but I can deal with it.