Thursday, May 26, 2005

I wasn't expecting

I wasn't expecting to feel this way.
I didn't think that after all this pain I would hesitate.
Not even for a moment did I imagine this.

I was expecting triumph.
I thought I would never look back.
I imagined that the time would fly.

For this emotional moment I am torn. For somewhere along this long and tired year of speculation, trepidation, intimidation, manipulation and condescension I found a peace. I found a love. That runs deeper. All that glitters isn't gold.

It glittered from afar and shattered upon closer inspection but after sifting through the broken shards, after shredding my hands on the bits and pieces, after cutting my arms in pain and searching, I have found a true substance that is hard to leave. I hesitate.

I wasn't expecting to feel this way. I walk on. I look back. I walk on. I remember. and I sing just as they taught me "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming....."