Monday, February 05, 2007

Too-Cold-to-go-to-School-Day

I got a call at 5:30am informing me that my wonderful employer had decided to cancel school due to the extreme cold! Yipee! A wise decision: especially considering the problems that we have been having with the heat in that building...I should go in today to make sure that my door is opened so that the heat from the hallway can slip into my room (my room has no vent so all heat must come in through the door and if the door gets closed over the weekend...its a very cold start).

Days like today are perfect for lazy people like myself. I am personally soaking up all of the restfulness possible. I have decided that since I can't go outside (who would want to!? It's like minus 20 out there!) I will wear my pajamas all day! And I am thrilled for once to live in my tropical/temperate zone apartment. Plus, I am cooking and baking and organizing...I may even break down and grade those spelling tests. All in front of daytime television...you've just got to love Regis and Kelly, TLC(Baby Story), and the Food Network. Why don't I spend all of my days at home? Oh, yeah! I love my job! Especially after days like today!