Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Files

I file. When I really feel out of control. When I have no idea what to do. When I have big decisions to make. I file. Everything. Birthday Cards. Lesson Plans. Bulletin board ideas. Class notes. Play bills. Games. Stickers. Anything that I can make fit into a file. Art. Magazines. Letters. Old I.D.'s. Pencils. And if I cannot make it fit I'll take a picture or write up a description.

It is a way of gaining control. Organization. A sense of completion.

Today I filed. I am no where near done. It has been a while since I have been inside one of these funks.

Cornerstone called me this morning and wanted to know what my decision was. Sycamore is not even going to look at my application for "a few weeks." I called my mom.

Mom said that I should ask for two weeks from Cornerstone. IF they say no, plead for two days. If Sycamore gets their act together in two weeks then good for them, if not I'll stick with what I have been offered. If Cornerstone won't give me more time then I will spend the next two days praying, deciding if I can live with myself as a private school teacher for the next 12 months.

Mom said that I always make these things more complicated than they really are. She knows me pretty well.

Mom said that maybe God is trying to make it painfully obvious where I should be by only giving me one job option. A good point.

I always make these things more complicated than they really are.

There really is only one option at this point.

I need to go file something.