Sunday, June 06, 2004

What a Joke

As I was sifting through today's morning paper (which will take me the entire week to read) I came upon this article in the Chicago Tribune | Putting the brakes on ladies' nights. And I thought to myself..."Just what is the world coming to when a guy is complaining about "ladies' night" at his local bars?" He is claiming that he is being sexually discriminated against because he is being charged an admittance fee. What a complete idiot! I mean, how many brain cells did this guy have to kill before he got to this point?

I don't drink. So I guess that it doesn't really effect me that a court ruled in this guys favor and has said that "ladies' night" is illegal. However, it struck me as funny. I don't think that many of the males that I know will be too pleased with this guy. As far as I know, guys liked having bars that were frequented by women. And the last time that I checked women have always been drawn to a "deal." How many times have I heard girls exclaim something to the effect of, "I try to think of how much I saved vs. how much I had to spend to save that much." Yes, it is a dumb ploy but women are known for falling for it. We like free stuff. Have you ever been to Wal-Mart on a Saturday morning? Free samples everywhere! And who are the ones crowded around the displays? Women. It never fails. Offer us a bargain and we flock to it. Too bad this bargain has been deemed "discrimination." What's next? Locker rooms? Restrooms? These are places that have traditionally been sexually discriminating...Should we have unisex facilities instead? I mean I wouldn't want to upset a guy who wanted to use the ladies' room...

What a joke!