Thursday, June 24, 2004

Spending money

I need to stop spending money. Money that I don't have. But there seems to be so very much that I need right now as I am preparing for my first year teaching 5th grade. I have bought so many books recently. And the scholastic order form just arrived at my house...

But for the very first time in a long time I am not worried about money. And I feel like I have failed some sort of test. Because I am always worrying about money. Will there be enough? And I don't ever stop worrying until it is taken care of. I need to trust more. But it is so very hard for me to trust...I guess I just assume that God expects me to take care of myself in that particular area. And in some respects he does. I need to use the education and talents that God has given me to do the job that He has provided. I need to use wisdom in my spending, saving, and investing. But more than all of that I need to not worry. It is hard to not worry.

I feel like I have needs that are not being met right now. I feel like I need immediately, I can't wait for some of this stuff. But that is not true. I can wait. There is a lot that I can do without. And so, with patience, and without worry, I will prepare for school knowing that God has a plan.