Thursday, August 12, 2004

A Compliment

I just found this old blog... It somehow seemed appropriate.

Monday, April 22, 2002
I was teaching Sunday School yesterday, Amanda asked when we were going to have the auction and I said that it would be after I finished school for the semester, I had three visitors in my class and one of these young men asked me if I was in college so I was explaining that I would graduate in December of 2003 and he asked me what I was going to be "when you grow up" (it was so cute) so I giggled and said that I was going to be a teacher, I want to teach 5th or 6th grade. Then Melanie pipes up and says, "You will be a really good teacher." That little girl just made my day! Melanie has not been on my good side for several moths now, she is always talking with Morgan and Parker and she can be very rude to Amanda, Victoria and Cherish, and her an Caleb bicker like they are siblings! But I live for the moments when I can see the good of these kids, sadly I hadn't seen that in Melanie in a while and I was beginning to get rather discouraged with her but then, this week she paid me a compliment, I got one very brief glimpse of her sweet self and then her other self returned, but it didn't matter because by then I was in a really good mood and I could deal with her.


It is amazing how far a compliment can go!