Sunday, August 29, 2004

CornFest-ing

I am not entirely certain what is was that I was expecting..but I was rather disappointed after going CornFesting this afternoon. It turns out that this city is just as dull as I always thought that it was! :-)

I mean, I guess the thing about these small town festivals is that they have that "homey" feel to them. So maybe if you didn't grow up here it just isn't as special...I really don't know. Basically, there was food. Thats about it.

What is the attraction to elbowing through crowded streets to pay way too much money for food that clearly is not being served at health code standards? I took the sanitation class and this was anything but. Wow. And could somebody explain to me how the "family area" was the beer garden? Boy am I confused. Well, I can avoid this festival from here on out. There is no good reason why anyone should waste that much time more than once.