Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Smiling

I have been smiling a whole lot more recently...I'm not quite sure why...but I like it. I have been a whole lot more thankful for life recently, even though life is not everything that I thought it would be. This growing up stuff is painful. But I am learning to dream amidst it all. I am not sure if that is like running away from reality or if that is simply my way of learning how to cope.

I was listening (and relating all too well) to my Good Charlotte album once again. And it struck me how very lost they are....how very lost I am, when I choose to be so. I guess the big difference here is that while they are young and hopeless I am young and I know where the hope can be found...I sometimes simply choose to ignore that hope. I wonder what the purpose in all of that is? I know that God has used some of my darkest moments to help me sympathize with others or to help give me some perspective...but I would like to experience a little more joyfulness once in a while.... :-) And so for this current state of smiles and thanksgiving...I am truly excited. I hope that it lasts. I dream of this continuing.