Thursday, October 21, 2004

Butterfly

Funny story.

We were playing "around the world" as a review game for our social studies 9-week exam that is so rapidly approaching.

I quizzed, "name one ruler who rules with absolute authority"
the two students answered simultaneously, "king!" "butterfly!"
I scrunched up my nose as I declared that the student answering "king" could move forward, as my other student shook his head in disbelief muttering, "I can't believe I said 'butterfly'" he was shaking his head and laughing to himself. As he took his seat I couldn't resist from asking..."Where did you come up with an answer like 'butterfly'?"

He looked at me sheepishly and giggled as he said, "I meant to say 'monarch'!"

I could have died laughing. We all laughed. It was hilarious. These are the moments.